Aubervilliers : Fort
+ l’AUC + TETRA
Aubervilliers / Seine-St-Denis
Budget / 35 M€
Surface area / 8 ha
Study / 2008
In 2006, the Plaine Commune selected a team led by the AUC to explore ideas for this site.
Over the last two decades, several architectural, landscape and urban propositions have been made for this site. A strategic location in the north of Paris, it has an enormous potential.
No less than 5 parks can be offered within the site.
- The garden promenade is largely an open landscape planted with low shrubs, offering a view over the community gardens.
- The park on the ramparts is a woodland landscape, ideal for a stroll. It overlooks the battlements and offers a stunning view of the site and a panorama of the surrounding area.
- The lawn at the centre of the site is a convivial space where the different parts of the fort come together. It is a completely open space which can be used for events.
- The botanical garden is found in the fort moats; an unusual space which is naturally cut off from the surrounding area. This environment with wetland zones and shady areas favours a distinctive fauna and flora.
- The recreative terraced gardens feature playgrounds with a strong character. Low level planting preserves the view of the surroundings.